January. Done.

Ok, so the cycling isn't going as great as I'd hoped.  But I can blame the weather and holidays for that so I don't feel too guilty about it.  Yet.

I actually skied further than I rode my bike in January.  Not sure that is something to be proud of or not.  I suppose it is if you are cyclist trying to be a skier.  Perhaps not the other way round.  But neither scenario really applies to me.  I skied 289km and only rode 204km in January. Could be the making of a new winter duathlon type event... Skicling...?



I do love skiing though.  I had a fantastic week in Les Arcs, weather and snow were amazing. In fact it was too warm.  Only got to wear my Darth Vader ski mask a couple of times as it was just not needed (except at the very top as shown above).

I just hope the weather picks up here now as I want to get out on my bike again.  Large quantities of food and red wine offset any calories spend on the piste (with quite a bit to spare).  I may have to resort to mechanical doping, as this seems to be the in thing at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recovery Day One. Officially

Legends of Birkenhead Park Bike Racing

The Science of Selecting Your Seat on the Bus